Wednesday 9 March 2011

Trying a different approach.

So, this week I decided to try a different approach.  I will just spend my time at work counting pills, filing and going to the cash register.  This way I will make sure that all the prescriptions are filled and the customers are happy.  All the work got done.  This is good.  Right?  This is want everyone wants right?

So, this week I didn't get any managerial work done.  I didn't get the audits completed for the insurance companies and didn't get a chance to do any MedsChecks.  But that's ok.  I got all the prescriptions filled.

How long will I be ok with this way of working?  I'm a very highly paid technician and cashier.  I am not using my brain cells for more than checking prescriptions.

Is this what community pharmacy is becoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment